Friday, December 19, 2008

Chrismas Blessings



This isn't the best picture we have but, it will serve its purpose. I just wanted to share a story with you all of our Heavenly Father's LOVE. Some of you are aware that Bryce my amazing husband has been out of work for a month now. And being the only financial supporter of this family you can imagine. Well let me tell you how AWESOME the God we serve is. About a month ago I sent in a Christmas wish to a local radio station to see if we could get help with bills. We got a phone call from a young lady saying she could give but it was such a small gift that she almost didn't give. I told her any help would be appreciated. Well we had been literally been piecing together our Mortgage and still needed 150.00. Can you guess what her amount was? That was our first miracle. Then I humbled myself and went to the Government to get help with groceries. This was hard for me to put any pride aside that I had and no that I needed help to feed my family. So we got a little help and that was good. Then I went to a meeting and after the meeting in my car was a box of presents for the kids. A week later I was getting ready and could not find my coin purse with all my cards including my grocery card. So I called the last place I was and they said "did it look like an old quilt" I said "yes" the manager then said "well I threw it in the trash". With tears running down my cheeks I called the trash company to see if I could go look for my coin purse. It had the last little bit of cash I had. They said we are so sorry but there is no way. As I sat in my room crying out to God for help he gave me a boldness. I told Bryce that I was excited about God was going to do in our lives. He was like I want what you have because I am weary. Well I called and cancelled all the cards knowing that if I found them they would all be VOIDED. Two hours later I found my coin purse. I went to my room again like what is going on. I needed these cards and now they are voided. I prayed instead of freaking out. I had a PEACE again I could not explain. The next day our elderly neighbor called and said if I could come help her. We go over there and do her mail, trash, and paper. When I got there she asked me to go get my car. She had lots and lots of food for us. So Friday morning I got up early to help out my sister in law at my niece's school party. I was up so early that I thought why not have a quiet time. I read my bible prayed and had PEACE. I knew God was going to do something. I thought it would be sending me my new grocery card. I also told Bryce yesterday that all the hard ships we had been going through in the midst of a hard ship was going to be for the Glory of God. I told the devil that he could keep throwing things my way because I was not going to Stop Believing and Trusting. We worked in the yard yesterday for 7 hours and had a great time. I was so tired I went to sleep on the couch at 8:45. Well the phone rang and Colin brought it to me. I was like I am sleeping. But none the less took the call. It was a lady from our CHESS homeschooling group apparently they got wind of our situation. I have only told one friend who promises she didn't tell. Anyhow the lady said there is a gift for you on your front porch, Merry Christmas. So I sent Bryce out to find a box of gifts or food. He could not find anything. Then he opened the door all the way and there was an envelope. The envelope had 955.00 enough $$$ to pay the rest of our bills. GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME. We sat there humbled, amazed and so Thankful. We didn't ask for help from our group. But God knew the exact timing and amount we needed. I have been excited this whole month to see what God was going to do, and he came through HUGE. So if you are believing for something keep the faith, he is faithful. THANK YOU to our CHESS family we so grateful for each and everyone of you. We pray that the Lord Bless you and your family this Holiday season.


Love,
The Millers

8 comments:

Kelly said...

WOW!!!! What an awesome story about our GOD!! Thank you so much for sharing your story and being such a great example of how we are suppose to be. Merry Christmas

Mrs T said...

we do indeed have an AWESOME LOVING PROVIDING GOD!!

Life on The Rowland Ranch said...

Awesome testimoy my friend! God is so faithful to his children!

Heather said...

What a Christmas blessing!!! The Lord is wonderful, indeed!

j said...

Merry Christmas Miller family! Vicki, thank you for your message. I will give you a call when I get back to Texas. As for now, God has blessed my holiday with some time home with my family and extended family. Our God is so good. Keep looking up.

Shipra Panosian said...

Oh Vicki,
it's 4a.m. this morning. I can't sleep and feel heavy-hearted. I decided to go online (kids are asleep next to me and turning on the lamp would be much too bright) to check my messages. Ended up here and this post is JUST what I needed to hear at this very moment. Thank you for sharing it with us. What a wonderful reminder of God's goodness. And THANK YOU, JESUS for being more than able to take care of your children. I am so happy and grateful for you guys, Vic, and am excited to see how he continues to provide for your family! Can't wait to share this with the kids too as we have been praying for you all.
xoxo
(btw, I love that family picture! :))

mommy4 said...

WOOOHOOO!! I'm so proud of you for trusting in Him during the good and bad times. What a great testimony!! We love you guys!!

Ginger said...

You're a blessing to so many, Vicki!!