Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Encouragement.....

This is the definition from online.

en·cour·age·ment [ in kúr ijmənt ]
support that inspires confidence: support of a kind that inspires confidence and a will to continue or develop
something that encourages: somebody who or something that gives somebody hope, confidence, or courage
Synonyms: reassurance, help, inspiration, cheer, praise, backing, reinforcement, boost, lift, support, backup


Today I experienced this definition. I invited three friends over that are also walking the (husband working out of town routine). It was a simple way for me to pick their brains. Listen to their words of wisdom, and just be around some really cool ladies. It was really, really incredible. I was able to visit with a friend I have not been able to see in a while. And you know what? I really LOVE her. She is simple, beautiful, peaceful, and oh so fun. Thanks Maralee for being that light, that friend. I can't wait till you are done with nursing school. I also got to visit with Juli. She is just too cool for words. She has been doing this thing for years now. I can't tell you all that was shared, cause it would take too long. But it was GREAT. I really can do this. And for those days that I can't I am headed to her house. I also got to visit with Jenny. She is the really quiet one. But today she shared her heart with me, and I gained so much from it. I am truly blessed to have these ladies around me. They have been walking this road out, and let me tell you something. These ladies, well they are the BOMB. I really appreciate that they gave me real advice. They told me the truth, told me what they have done wrong, what they have done right, and encouraged me to lean on the Lord. I won't always do the right thing, have the right attitude, or make the best decisions. But I know without a shadow of a doubt that I have a real tangible support group. I am so Thankful that the Lord saw fit to put these friends in my life. So, THANK YOU ladies for being such great friends!!! He cares about every single detail. He loves us, he will never leave us. And he put people in our lives to be his hands and feet to one another. I am in awe. I am in Love with my Savior. I pray that you too have a support group. For whatever walk you are on. For whatever you need in your life. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your path.

Blessings,
Vicki

1 comment:

Tammy@Fear Not said...

Vicki, God is sooooo good! He really does bring His hands, and His feet into our lives when we need them. I too have met folks are I can go to when my Hubby is out of town, a great support group if you will. These are times of growing and stretching, but how the fruit of it! These times of alone without our Hubby's can also be times of reflection and appreciation. I see you are getting to enjoy and find it around you. Even in his absence. Sometimes our need pushes us out there, to connect and in the process, connect with Him through others. :) You CAN do this, you ARE doing this. You're getting your groove and it's gets better. Blessings!