Tuesday, March 30, 2010

It's the little things.

As you all know Bryce is traveling for work right now. He is a coal miner. So he leaves and then shortly returns to us. He loves coming home because he is like a serious rock star when he drives up. We all run out to the truck and smother him with kisses. It's a great night for all. But really it's the little things about my husband I miss. It's the sit on the couch and just hold me as we talk before bed every night. It's the waking up to my love I miss. It's the help with the kids while I make dinner I miss. It's the empty spot at the dinner table I don't like. It's the daily showers we have together. Sorry if that is TMI but it's true. It's the fact that I have to wash my hair by myself. Which I have not done for 14 years. It's the reading to the kids before bed that I miss seeing. It's the I need your help with this or that I miss hearing. I am really a blessed woman to have Bryce in my life. He is my rock. Perfect by not means but perfect for me. I love him with all of my heart. We have literally grown up together. This August we will celebrate 20 years together. And in December we will be married for 15 years. And guess what? I would, DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN. In an instant. I would live this life though not perfect or even easy at times again with my Love. He completes me. In ways I never dreamed he would. So if you have a special someone in your life. Hold them tight tonight. Kiss them an extra time. And Bryce when you get here on Thursday, I will be waiting:))


Love,
Vic

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't handle the pain........

Unknown said...

Heartbreaking...

Edward and Gretchen said...

You are doing great. Have a fun weekend with him.

{amy} said...

Hey Vic! I LOVE that y'all are still so much in love after all these years! I totally remember you talking about showering together back when Chris & Bryce were in Bible school together!! I love that y'all still do that!

I also wanted to let you know that I gave you a blog award over on my blog. It's kinda silly, but I thought you might think it was fun!

Ginger said...

Very sweet!!