Thursday, June 3, 2010

And camp we DID!!

We love to camp. We love to get away just the 6 of us and be in the woods. But it seems like we have not had the opportunity to do that much lately. So we decided that Bryce's first full week off we would head out into the wild and just be. Meanwhile I had planned, paid and gotten childcare worked out for me to go to the home school conference. And guess what? Yep.. after making all those plans and even paying my deposit and preregistering. We found out that Bryce's first week off was at the same time of the conference. So I gave up my spot and got my mind in camping mode. We were all so excited. We were blessed with a pop up camper. And so we packed for a week. Well I packed for a week. I had a menu planned groceries bought, snacks, and drinks ready. Bryce got home we packed up and drove off. We headed to Caddo Lake State park. It is the only natural lake in Texas and it was Fantastic. We had such a great time just connecting as a family. We hiked, canoed, and played during the day. And at night after showers and SMORE'S we played cards and games. It was such a good memory making time. We are so blessed to have each other. Families are FOREVER. Please enjoy some of our pics from our time together ........













1 comment:

{amy} said...

It looks like y'all had a great time!